The Irish Podcast Awards 2022, is Ireland’s biggest podcast event. We reward excellence in podcasting from individuals, companies and organisations. The Awards take place on 16th September and tickets are on sale now.
Entries to the awards are now closed and we have announced the nominations. We will open again for entries for next year’s awards, in spring 2023.
We’re looking for you to submit excellent examples of your work in the form of a ‘best of’ compilation MP3. Alongside that you’ll be asked for 250 words explaining the show and what you’ve achieved, a track-listing of what’s in your audio and if you like you can upload a PDF of supporting imagery, press, reviews too.
You’ll have published at least six proper episodes on your podcast feed (by March 31st 2022).
All audio in your entry will be taken from episodes published between 1st March 2021 and 31st March 2022.
For most categories you’ll be submitting three to five clips from at least three different episodes.
For most categories you’ll be submitting a single MP3 that includes all of your clips and is a maximum of 15 minutes long.
- We’ve created 26 categories you can enter, as well as several special awards for which you can opt in, or are selected via a separate vote.
- Standard Categories including Sales & Marketing Categories require a full entry. Some Special Awards (including Bullseye, Spotlight and Moment of the Year) can be entered for free by ticking the appropriate box when you submit an entry for a Standard Category.
- The Podcast of the Year award is chosen from the Gold winners of the judged categories.
- You can enter your podcast in up to three categories that you think are relevant (and the entry system allows you to duplicate entries).
- The Listener Choice Award is voted for by listeners of Irish podcasts and will open when nominations are announced and all Irish podcasts will be automatically entered for free.
Independent or Charity Podcasters
Independent or Charity podcasters (where the podcast’s turnover is less than €100,000 per year)
Corporate podcasts (if its part of a business/corporate entity, OR an independent podcaster that earns more than €100k per year)
Entries Open: Monday 11th April 2022
Entries Close: Extended to Monday 23rd May 2022 at Midday
Nominations & Listeners’ Choice Voting: August
Ceremony: 16th September 2022 at Liberty Hall, Dublin